Branding your music Here’s 5 simple ways to brand your band, your music, and/or yourself… You got your band’s domain name, built a website, joined all the right online social networks, and still nothing. Nada. No hits, no friends, no nothing. “Whatever!?”, you say as you throw your laptop on the floor, your hands in […]
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Get your music heard
While Twittering with my Tweepies yesterday I received a link to the new social music platform, Fame Factor. After visiting the website, I included it on my list of awesome places to get your music heard. The website is easy to navigate and a fun place to meet people, get fans, and get your music heard.
For indie music artists, Fame Factor offers a fan voting system with top artists included in the Fame Factor TV and radio webcasts. You can upload your music free to gain worldwide fans and maybe get the attention of record execs. You can make new friends, get new fans, and get featured on the Fame Factor “Star” page for extra exposure. Music artists have a choice of free membership or a premium paid membership.
For fans, Fame Factor offers a place to hear new music, make new friends, interact with, and vote for their favorite indie artists. The website includes competitions, polls, and prizes to keep fans coming back to the site. In addition, fans can earn music booty through the Fame Factor point system. More interaction on the site gets more points which fans can use for music downloads or concert tickets.
All in all, Fame Factor is a fun and free way to get more exposure for your music. Check it out…
- John Anderson’s “On the Horizon” Radio Show to Feature TalentWatch.net Music Artists (prweb.com)
- 32 Indie Artists Make “Music For The Kids” CD To Benefit Children Worldwide (current.com)
- ‘Indie Style TV’ Features TalentWatch.net’s Aspiring Music Artists (prweb.com)
- New Video Music Website for Unsigned and Independent Artist to Showcase Their Talent (prweb.com)
- The 2012 All Indie Music Awards is coming to Hollywood on February 10, 2012! (current.com)
- All Indie Magazine: “Mainstream Alternative” (current.com)
Wounded Warriors, Veterans…here’s a home job for you
Yes, this is completely off the indie music subject. However, helping wounded warriors and veterans is another one of my obsessive passions. Our past, present, and future soldiers are HEROES! These men and women love us so much they risked their lives for us. They dodged bullets, avoided bombs, and proudly stomped through enemy territory to make sure our children can sleep safely. As Americans, we are free because of responsible citizens who are brave enough and proud enough to join the military and defend our country. We’re free to have coffee at Starbucks, go shopping at the mall, have picnics in the park, and sit on our asses writing blogs.
A note to our Veterans:
You are not forgotten! There are plenty of people who love you and give you the ultimate respect. You have our hearts and we will go to extreme lengths to help you in any small way. Why? Because you went to extremes to save our lives. You’ve given us so much that we want to give back. All our hopes and dreams are funded by the price YOU paid. We’re so proud of you.
Average American Citizens
Link to work at home job for wounded warriors and veterans
Today while surfing the net I found a job listing from a company called Alorica. This company commits to helping wounded warriors and veterans succeed. They have at home jobs for veterans with a specialized insurance benefits program for wounded warriors. If you are a veteran or know a veteran who wants to work at home check it out…
You are eligible for employment with this company if you live in one of the following states
Here’s a link to the Alorica website
One more thing for our veterans (or maybe three…)
As Americans, we are OBLIGATED to care for our wounded soldiers. Give back…
Here’s a link to the Wounded Warrior Project
DONATE NOW! Here’s a link to GIVE back to our heroes Wounded Warrior Donations
Here’s a song written and recorded by Steel Horse Band to honor our heroes.
Thanks again, heroes. We luv you!
♫ Tracey Lynn
P.S. Please share this important blog post with everyone you know. Even if you don’t know any wounded warriors share this on your preferred social network. Get the word out. Let our veterans know you care…
- Musical Instrument Gift Day Helps Combat Wounded Veterans (prweb.com)
- Wounded Warriors and Communities Across the Country Unite for Day of Service (prweb.com)
- PREVENT Life Safety Services Donates to Veterans Charity (prweb.com)
- Beyond The Battlefield: How To Help (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Ride 2 Recovery’ Brings Healing And Support To Wounded Veterans (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hire Heroes USA Debuts Nationwide Wounded Warrior Transition Assistance Workshops (prweb.com)
- Denham’s office seeks ‘wounded warrior’ (fresnobeehive.com)
- Wounded warriors – Obama to call for veterans credits (politico.com)